“Learn Linksys RE6500 Extender Setup”
Linksys RE6500 Extender extends the range of your wireless network and eliminates dead spots. Linksys RE6500 boost up the wifi signals to the far reaches of your home with the extender’s range of up to of 10,000 square feet. It has Four Gigabit Ethernet ports enabled wired connections. Linksys RE6500 Setup is very easy without requiring installation CD.
1:- The Linksys RE6500 Extender unquestionably delivers speed up to three times faster than wireless N series extenders, making best for dead zones of your large homes with compatible of multiple devices and heavy online usage. It gives Dual wireless bands 2.4 GHz and 5GHz can deliver data transfer speeds of up to N300 Mbps + AC867 Mbps for seamless HD streaming without any interruptions.
2.4GHz & 5GHz dual bands
2:- Eliminates dead spots & extends the existing Wireless-AC coverage.
3:- Works with Wi-Fi router or Gateway.
System Requirements :-
Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8 operating system or the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, Lion 10.7 or later, or Mountain Lion 10.8 or later operating system.
RE6500 supports up to 128 -bit encryption (WEP, WPA, and WPA2) and also it has WPA(Wireless Protected setup) button, allowing you to establish a secure wifi connection with wireless router to keep your network safe and secure.
Easy setup & Installation :-
- Firstly, power on the extender device. Status of power can be monitored using Power LED.
- Establish the link between Linksys range extender and any client device such as computer or laptop, with the help of either Ethernet cable or WiFi mode.
- Open any web browser such as google chrome, internet explorer, on your computer. Then enter http://extender.linksys.com in the address field. The user can also enter 192.168.1.1 instead of http://extender.linksys.setup.
- Next step involves entering of username and password for logging into http://extender.linksys.com webpage. By default, these credentials are.
- Username: admin
- After entering the credentials click on Log in. This will launch Linksys extender setup wizard.
- At this setup page, click on Wireless. Then select Basic Wireless Settings
In the next step, the user will be provided an option to select among Wi-Fi Protected Setup or Manual setup. Here select Manual setup.
- User will be asked to enter the Network name. Here you need to enter your router’s SSID.
- Then enter the password of your home network. Then click on Save setting
- By this, your Linksys extender gets installed using http://extedner.linksys.com; login page.
- At the end put your router and Linksys extender powered off. First power on your router and only when all lights on router gets stable and put your range extender on power
Second Method to Setup Linksys RE6500 Extender :-
- WPS :- Wi-Fi Protected Setup is useful to install Linksys extender in two ways. That is:
- By physically pressing WPS button present on your extender.
- OR With the help of web-based web-page i.e. http://extender.linksys.com
- Lastly, it all depends on users wish that by which method he/she wants to install his/her extender. Steps involved for both methods are as discussed below