Get complete information here on how to setup Linksys Re1000 Extender, which helps to increase the wifi range of your wireless router. This extender is compatible with B and G technology & should work on your current wireless network. It has one ethernet port on the bottom side to allow quick plug and play installation. Moreover once configured you can connect any device with ethernet chord to this Extender for better Internet Connectivity.
Linksys RE1000 is best Range Extender for home or office riddled with an internet dead zones. The small size of this extender makes it easy to plug into a wall outlet. This is a great device, In case your house or office is big enough then you can opt for higher performance Linksys Extenders.
Specifications Of Linksys RE1000 Extender:
• Multiple Antennas Provide Wide coverage area.
• Ethernet speed 10/100 Mbps
• Moreover works great for surfing the web, gaming and chatting online in dead zone areas.
- Firstly, Plug in the Linksys Extender for its Setup into a power outlet near your router.
- In order to configure it, we have to make sure that the computer should be connected with an ethernet cable to the Range Extender.
- Open your web browser (Google, Firefox, Safari) and click on the website extenderlinksyssetup.com / extender.linksys.setup or type IP address “192.168.1.1” in the address bar.
- Now, it will ask you to enter the user name and password in the field.
- To create wireless security on the WiFi range extender, click on basic wireless settings on the web-based setup page. Now choose your WPA Security mode menu and enter the main wifi password of your router. After that click on the SAVE option. Now you can successfully connect your device to the wifi range extender.
- Lastly, Green WiFi Led light will indicate the successful configuration of your Linksys extender.
- Your Linksys Extended Network will show up as ( _EXT) at the end of your main network’s name. For example, if ABC network is your home network then extended network show up as ABCnetwork_EXT.