Linksys WiFi extender are useful tools that help to be free of Wi-Fi-dead zones that may exist within your homes or offices. The tool repeats active internet signal of any access-point or router and makes way for a highly stable, secured and efficient wireless connectivity.
If you are facing troubles in understanding the whole Linksys extender setup process, this article will guide you through as per your situation.
Firstly, let’s dive into what problems you might be facing while setup Linksys WiFi Extenders
- It may have occurred that you have bought your Linksys extender (e.g.: Linksys extender re6300) online and it is neither configured correctly nor set up for it to be ready to used immediately.
- A second case may occur where you have purchased an already configured Linksys extender and are now facing issues while setting the whole thing up.
- Lastly, a situation may have arisen where your Linksys extender got reset and you need to go through with the Linksys extender setup process all over again manually.
Whatever your problem might be, worry not. We have a solution for each of the possible scenario.
If your Linksys extender is neither configured nor set up correctly, follow the instructions below. Else jump directly to the next section.
- Connect the Wi-Fi extender to a proper power outlet.
- Turn on the extender and wait till all the indicating lights turn on.
- Once all the lights have turned on, your extender will be stable.
- After the Wi-Fi extender is stable, connect your machine to the Ethernet port of your extender device.
- In your web browser (preferably in the address bar, not in the search bar), type in the URL, ‘extender.linksys.com’.
- Once the web page opens, locate the part where you can enter your login credentials.
- Enter your login credentials correctly and click on the login button.
- Once logged in, you will discover the Linksys extender setup guide and all you have to do is follow the steps mentioned in the guide.
If your Linksys extender is configured but not set up properly with your personal internet connection, follow the below steps as per the operating system of your personal computer.
Users with already configured Wi-Fi extender must have the IP address of their respective devices.
- Firstly, Switch on the pc.
- Secondly, Click on the start button in the bottom-left corner.
- Thirdly, Click on ‘Network’.
- After that, Right click on Linksys WiFi Extender and select ‘View device web-page’ from the menu that becomes visible.
- In the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup page, login to your account by entering the login credentials correctly and follow the guidelines mentioned for setting up.
- Switch on the pc.
- Go to the Charms (menu) bar and click.
- Search for ‘Network’ and click on ‘Network’ from the search results.
- Make a right click on the extender device name that is connected to your pc.
- Go to ‘Properties’ to get the IP address of your extender.
- Type the IP address in the address bar of your web browser and the Linksys extender setup page for your specific device will open up.
- Log in to your account by entering the login credentials correctly and follow the steps mentioned.
- Switch on the pc.
- Go to the Pearl button.
- Locate the option ‘Windows Explorer’ by searching for it and click on it.
- Go to ‘Network’.
- Make a right click on the Wi-Fi extender device name that is connected to your machine.
- Locate ‘Properties’ and click on it. Take down the IP address of your extender device.
- Enter the IP address in the address bar of your web browser. You will be redirected to the Linksys WiFi Extender page where you must login and follow the remaining guidelines mentioned over there.
- Switch on your PC.
- Click on the Start button.
- Go and click on the option ‘My Network Places’.
- Locate your extender device’s name and go to its properties by right clicking on it.
- Take down the IP Address.
- Type the address in your web browser’s address bar and press enter.
- Login in to your account from the page that appears and follow the setup guidelines accordingly.
MAC OS X
- Open the browser Safari.
- and, Head over to the Bookmarks Tab.
- after that, locate ‘Bonjour’ and click.
- Search for your device’s name and double-click on the appropriate option.
- You can login from the page that appears and access the guidelines for Linksys extender setup.
In conclusion, for further queries, you can contact with our experts anytime! We are always here to provide you with the best assistance.