Why to reset Linksys router to factory defaults?
In this phrase we will know about changing Linksys Router default password. Sometimes, we’d like to form some amends on the router, for that, we’d like to login into the router first and noticeably got to know Linksys router default password. So just in case, we don’t have username and password, so the only option lest is to resetting the router. You will reset the router by pressing the factory reset with the assistance of fastener for around 10 seconds. While you reset the router you’ll the facility light blinking.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that the Power LED of the router is blinking while you pressed the Reset button. This shows the switch is being reset appropriately.
Once you through with the process, you’ll reset your Linksys Router default password and its default Login username and password also will change.
Note:The default password of Linksys Router is “admin” as for the username leave that field “blank”.
Once you reset it you just got to unplug and re-plug the router back.
How to reset router using webpage:-
- Firstly, by the default IP address of your Linksys Router you will open your router page i.e. by 192.168.1.1 in the browser. Now, click on Administration tab once you donethen click on the Factory Defaults sub-tab.
- Then you will find below the Factory Defaults section, just click on the Restore Factory Defaults button.
- When the router is resettled we just got to reconfigure it back again consistent with your Internet service type.
How to Change the Linksys router password?
- Firstly as per above statement, login into the router with password “admin” as a username and leave that field blank.
- Then, approach routers website by typing the default IP address into the browser.
Note:Default IP address of Linksys Router is 192.168.1.1.
- Now click on Administration tab on the Linksys webpage.
- Once you through with the complete process then, under the Management section you would like to enter new password within the Linksys Router Password and Re-Enter to verify fields.
Note:Make your Password strong. You can use Alphabets and Numbers for making your own password.
- Then, Click Save Settings.
Important:After the above procedure, now whenever you would like to login into the router you would have to type in new Username and Password.
Note: Router’s Username and Password is different than wireless networks SSID and wireless router password.
Just in case, still you’re unable to vary the Linksys routers default password you ought to update the firmware of the router. After performing the Linksys Router upgrade, go ahead and reset your router and re-configure it back again.