Why to reset Linksys router to factory defaults?
Sometimes, we need to make some changes on the router, for that, we need to login into the router first and obviously need to know Linksys router default password. So in case, we don’t have username and password, resetting the router is the only option left. We can Reset the router by pressing the factory reset with the help of paper clip for around 10 seconds. While you reset the router you will the power light blinking.
Once you Reset your Linksys Router default password, Its default Login username and password will also change. The default Password of Linksys Router is “admin” and leave the Username field “blank”. You just need to unplug and re-plug the router back, once you reset it.
How to reset router using webpage:-
- Open your Router page by typing the default IP address of your Linksys Router i.e. 192.168.1.1 in the browser.
- Hit on Administration tab after that click on the Factory Defaults sub-tab.
- Under the Factory Defaults section, click on the Restore Factory Defaults button.
- Once the router is resetted we just need to reconfigure it back again according to your Internet service type.
How to Change the Linksys router password?
- Login into the router with password “admin” and leave the username field blank.
- Access routers webpage by typing the default IP address into the browser.
- Default IP address of Linksys Router is 192.168.1.1
- Hit Administration tab on Linksys webpage.
- Under the Management section, you need to enter new password in the Linksys Router Password and Re-Enter to Confirm fields.
NOTE:- You can use Alphabets and Numbers for making your own password.
- Click Save Settings.
IMP: From now on whenever you want to login into the router you need to type in new Username and Password.
NOTE:- The Router’s Username and Password is different then wireless networks SSID and wireless router password.
In case you still are not able to change the Linksys routers default password you should update the firmware of the router. After performing the Linksys Router upgrade, go ahead and reset your router and re-configure it back again.