No worries you can simply Setup your old Linksys extender with the new router without any trouble. It is equally important to understand the misconception, that after changing router we might have to replace the extender too. But that’s not the case. There can be many reasons where we find need to RESET extender. Changing a Router is one such example. Moreover, If your family or friend gives you, already used Linksys Extender then also make sure to reset it before using.
Firstly if someone guides you that you will have to changeLinksys Extender too then that’s not true. It is super easy to get the extender going again. Follow the steps below or contact our technician to guide you step by step on our Toll-free 888-683-4144 .
Since we all know that this Extender was already connected to the IP of another router. So, Now we just have to reset it and reconfigure it back again on your current router. Follow the steps below to make the device going again.
1) The first step requires you to reset the Linksys Extender.
There can be many reasons why extender not showing up. For instance,
a) It is plugged in far away from the router thats why extender not showing. b) Your device (mobile, laptop, tv, camera, etc) which you are trying to connect is far. c) Walls, obstacles blocking away the signal. d) Setup with the same SSID as your router Click Here to check Router Setup Page.
Follow the following steps when extender doesn’t show in your WiFi list.
Firstly, Unplugged the extender and bring it closer to the router.
If still, it is not showing up in the wifi list shut down your devices and turn them back again.
Try removing/forgetting the known wifi connections.
If you have to cover long distances you should opt for hardwire option, you won’t lose any data speed plus you will be able to cover more distance.
In this case, you will have to login into your Linksys Extender and then change the SSID from there. Note:- don’t change SSID on router otherwise your every device will get disconnected from the router.
With the AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700), you can easily expand the range of your existing wireless router. Simply plug the device into a standard wall outlet where you need stronger Internet connectivity. For example, an upstairs bedroom or office or another remote area of your home. It is equally important to understand that RE6700 repeats the signal from the router and redistributes it to reduce wireless dead spots. In short, it doesn’t create its own signal. Let’s start the Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup.
Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup:-
1) Firstly, Plug the Linksys RE6700 Extender to an outlet CLOSE to the modem/router Once you set it up you can move it to the best range extending location.
2) Once it’s plugged in, you have to wait for the flashing light on the front to change color and flash orange.
3) Now that you have an orange blinking light, get on your computer’s WiFi and connect to, the Linksys Extender Setup signal. After your computer connects to the Linksys extender.
6) Now you’re in the Linksys extender setupapplication. Just follow the instructions provided. The Linksys extender will find the available networks to join. Similarly, select to join your network from the list of available networks put in your password and Hit NEXT. Moreover, Once the Extender joins your network the software will finally, tell you the installation is complete, as well as the front light of the unit, will turn to solid green.
7) Lastly, you can unplug the Linksys RE6700 extender and move it around your house. Just plug the extender into a wall outlet and the extender now will automatically log onto your network. Now you’re ready to log onto it. The Setup application works really well.
Finally, we got to know that it is a really useful piece of hardware and once you understand what you have to do, installing this extender is really quick and easy.