Linksys RE2000 Extender Setup. In this article, we will learn the Linksys Extender setup of the following models RE2000, RE2000 V2 and RE4000W. We will learn Setup through Smart Setup Wizard i.e. extender.llinksys.setup or extender.linksys.com. If we talk about Linksys extenders RE2000 with the other model number RE2000, RE2000 v2 and RE4000W all these are a dual band in nature. We can configure these devices either through WPS option or we can follow setup wizard by connecting your device to extender network either through wireless or ethernet cable.
- Firstly, you are requested to have a CD which comes along with Linksys extender. That CD will help us in installation through a Setup Wizard. In case, you don’t have it then visit linksys.com/support and search for Setup Wizard or visit (extender.linksys.com / extender.linksys.setup).
- Secondly, noting down the Username(SSID) and Password of your pre-existing router. In case you have a dual-band router, kindly make sure both the band (2.4GHz and 5GHz ) should be named differently.
Note:- you can contact your Internet Service Provider in case you don’t know your SSID or Password of the router.
Linksys Extender Setup RE2000
- The first step involves placing CD into the CD drive of your computer or laptop. Now, Click on the option which says Linksys Extender Setup.
In case you don’t have a CD you don’t have to worry you can simply go online on the Linksys website and download the software from there. Moreover, even after downloading Setup Wizard from Official website you are not able to find it then simply press Control + J(key) simultaneously to access your downloads. There you will find your file.
- As we know while installing new software we have to tick mark and accept user end license, so now just click on the option which says I Accept the terms and hit NEXT.
- Your Setup Wizard will now scan all the available WiFi connection in your area. You will have to select your already configured router or Access Point among them.
Note: Make your while doing this process your Linksys Extender should be plugged in the same room as a router so that there is a strong connection between extender and router. Once configured then you can place it anywhere within the reach of the router.
After selecting the SSID it will prompt you for Password. There you will have to punch in your Router password.
Once the password is typed hit Next.
Spot finder will help you to find the best available location for your Linksys RE2000, RE2000 V2 and RE4000W (according to your model number). Spot finder is reliable but still, you can apply your instincts according to your need.
Completely Setup extended Network will show up in your Network WiFi list by your home network name and _EXT at the end. For example, my network name is ABC network then my extended network will come up as ABCnetwork_EXT. Enjoy high-speed internet Through Linksys extender.
LINKSYS RE2000 EXTENDER SPECIFICATIONS