For the Linksys extender setup using cellphone, you don’t require a computer all the time. If you have a smartphone which is wifi enabled can help you to setup any Linksys extender device with simple and easy steps.
Plugin your Linksys extender to the wall.
wait till the Power light turns to Blinking green.
Open Wifi setting option on your cellphone and look for the wifi name Extender setup.
Older Routers usually don’t have WPS BUTTON. Which makes it quite difficult for a few of us in order to setup devices through WPS. First of all, if we answer the basic question ” why do we need a WPS”? then we can surely understand its importance. In fact, most of us use WPS to make a secure connection between devices. So today probably you might be setting up a Linksys Extender or Router. We can configure Linksys Extender either through SMART SETUP WIZARD or simply by pushing the WPS button. Now, in this article today, we will learn “how to turn on a virtual WPS button on the router”? In case your router doesn’t support WPS option, give us a call on our toll-free or follow these manual steps.
How to turn-on Virtual WPS Button:-
* Firstly, login into your router account using the routers IP address, it is written on the back of your router.
NOTE:- In case you can not find IP address, Contact your ISP.
To login into the Linksys router or other routers, it will ask you for user name and password, default username will be admin and password will be word password itself.
IMP:-* Once you log into the router, look for the tab which says wireless connection.
* Under wireless connection tab, there is a WPS option with a symbol of upward and downward arrow keys.
Light will start blinking as you push WPS on Router.
* Lastly, now you just have to push WPS on the Linksys Extender, and within a few seconds, you will get a solid green light on the Linksys extender. Which means the connection is Setup.
There are many ways of setting up a Linksys Extender. In case you don’t have WPS Button on the Router then you can simply turn ON the virtual WPS Button available on your online router page. We prefer the WPS Linksys Extender Setup because it is easy and Fast. You just need to push WPS on the Extender and a WPS on Router. Which in this case you will have to access it by logging into your Router. Moreover, we can also use this Setup option when we are not able to do Linksys Extender Setupwithout CD through SMART SETUP WIZARD i.e. extender.linksys.setup or extender.linksys.com.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:-
1) Login into your Router account using the Routers IP address, it is written on the back of your Linksys Router.
NOTE:- In case you can’t find the IP address, then Contact your Internet Service Provider.
2) To login into the Linksys Router or other Routers, it will ask you for username and password, default username will be admin and password will be the word password itself.
3) Once you successfully login into the Router, look for the tab which says wireless connection.
4) In a wireless connection option, you will find a WPS option having a symbol of upward and downward arrow keys.
5)Click on that option and you will notice WPS light on Router blinking.
6) Now you just have to push WPS on the extender, and within a few seconds, you will get high speed configured Linksys extender.
There can be many reasons why extender not showing up. For instance,
a) It is plugged in far away from the router thats why extender not showing. b) Your device (mobile, laptop, tv, camera, etc) which you are trying to connect is far. c) Walls, obstacles blocking away the signal. d) Setup with the same SSID as your router Click Here to check Router Setup Page.
Follow the following steps when extender doesn’t show in your WiFi list.
Firstly, Unplugged the extender and bring it closer to the router.
If still, it is not showing up in the wifi list shut down your devices and turn them back again.
Try removing/forgetting the known wifi connections.
If you have to cover long distances you should opt for hardwire option, you won’t lose any data speed plus you will be able to cover more distance.
In this case, you will have to login into your Linksys Extender and then change the SSID from there. Note:- don’t change SSID on router otherwise your every device will get disconnected from the router.