For the Linksys extender setup using cellphone, you don’t require a computer all the time. If you have a smartphone which is wifi enabled can help you to setup any Linksys extender device with simple and easy steps.
Plugin your Linksys extender to the wall.
wait till the Power light turns to Blinking green.
Open Wifi setting option on your cellphone and look for the wifi name Extender setup.
Today in this article we will learn a simple method for setting up Extender as Access Point and will answer the question “How to Setup the Linksys Extender as Access Point“. Firstly, for the people who are not familiar with what Access Point is, a quick intro-
Access Point is a way of setting up your Linksys Extender as an Access point or router which means we can Setup multiple Range Extenders on this one or can connect multiple devices to this unit.
So, the steps are-
1) Firstly, ensure that on the Range Extender, the slider button is not on the side marked as EXTENDER and towards the side marked as the ACCESS POINT. 2) For example, to set it up as an ACCESS POINT it is mandatory to be towards access points side.
3) Now hard wire your Linksys Range Extender directly to your router’s LAN port.
4) Here in this step, you will just have to login into your extenders default setup page.
5) Moreover, you can do that by directly typing the “default IP address” of your Linksys Extender into the Address bar of your browser from your PC, laptop or cell phone, etc.
6) Once you are in the smart setup wizard, It will ask for your permission, “How you want to Setup this extender” “as a range extender” or as an “Access point“.
7) Hit on Access Point option.
8) It will ask you to punch-in your Main Router’s password. Once you type that hit NEXT.
9) It takes hardly 60 seconds after that it will secure connection with your router and you will see solid green light on the Extender.
10) Lastly, Your Linksys Range Extender is Setup as anACCESS POINT.