For the Linksys extender setup using cellphone, you don’t require a computer all the time. If you have a smartphone which is wifi enabled can help you to setup any Linksys extender device with simple and easy steps.
Plugin your Linksys extender to the wall.
wait till the Power light turns to Blinking green.
Open Wifi setting option on your cellphone and look for the wifi name Extender setup.
Linksys RE2000 Extender Setup. In this article, we will learn the Linksys Extender setup of the following models RE2000, RE2000 V2 and RE4000W. We will learn Setup through Smart Setup Wizard i.e. extender.llinksys.setup or extender.linksys.com. If we talk about Linksys extenders RE2000 with the other model number RE2000, RE2000 v2 and RE4000W all these are a dual band in nature. We can configure these devices either through WPS option or we can follow setup wizard by connecting your device to extender network either through wireless or ethernet cable.
Firstly, you are requested to have a CD which comes along with Linksys extender. That CD will help us in installation through a Setup Wizard. In case, you don’t have it then visit linksys.com/support and search for Setup Wizard or visit (extender.linksys.com / extender.linksys.setup).
Secondly, noting down the Username(SSID) and Password of your pre-existing router. In case you have a dual-band router, kindly make sure both the band (2.4GHz and 5GHz ) should be named differently.
Note:- you can contact your Internet Service Provider in case you don’t know your SSID or Password of the router.
Linksys Extender Setup RE2000
The first step involves placing CD into the CD drive of your computer or laptop. Now, Click on the option which says Linksys Extender Setup. In case you don’t have a CD you don’t have to worry you can simply go online on the Linksys website and download the software from there. Moreover, even after downloading Setup Wizard from Official website you are not able to find it then simply press Control + J(key) simultaneously to access your downloads. There you will find your file.
As we know while installing new software we have to tick mark and accept user end license, so now just click on the option which says I Accept the terms and hit NEXT.
Your Setup Wizard will now scan all the available WiFi connection in your area. You will have to select your already configured router or Access Point among them.
Note: Make your while doing this process your Linksys Extender should be plugged in the same room as a router so that there is a strong connection between extender and router. Once configured then you can place it anywhere within the reach of the router.
After selecting the SSID it will prompt you for Password. There you will have to punch in your Router password.
Once the password is typed hit Next.
Spot finder will help you to find the best available location for your Linksys RE2000, RE2000 V2 and RE4000W (according to your model number). Spot finder is reliable but still, you can apply your instincts according to your need.
Completely Setup extended Network will show up in your Network WiFi list by your home network name and _EXT at the end. For example, my network name is ABC network then my extended network will come up as ABCnetwork_EXT. Enjoy high-speed internet Through Linksys extender.
Get complete information here on how to setup Linksys Re1000 Extender, which helps to increase the wifi range of your wireless router. This extender is compatible with B and G technology & should work on your current wireless network. It has one ethernet port on the bottom side to allow quick plug and play installation. Moreover once configured you can connect any device with ethernet chord to this Extender for better Internet Connectivity.
Linksys RE1000 is best Range Extender for home or office riddled with an internet dead zones. The small size of this extender makes it easy to plug into a wall outlet. This is a great device, In case your house or office is big enough then you can opt for higher performance Linksys Extenders.
Specifications Of Linksys RE1000 Extender:
• Multiple Antennas Provide Wide coverage area.
• Ethernet speed 10/100 Mbps
• Moreover works great for surfing the web, gaming and chatting online in dead zone areas.
Firstly, Plug in the Linksys Extender for its Setup into a power outlet near your router.
In order to configure it, we have to make sure that the computer should be connected with an ethernet cable to the Range Extender.
Open your web browser (Google, Firefox, Safari) and click on the website extenderlinksyssetup.com / extender.linksys.setup or type IP address “192.168.1.1” in the address bar.
Now, it will ask you to enter the user name and password in the field.
To create wireless security on the WiFi range extender, click on basic wireless settings on the web-based setup page. Now choose your WPA Security mode menu and enter the main wifi password of your router. After that click on the SAVE option. Now you can successfully connect your device to the wifi range extender.
Lastly, Green WiFi Led light will indicate the successful configuration of your Linksys extender.
Your Linksys Extended Network will show up as ( _EXT) at the end of your main network’s name. For example, if ABC network is your home network then extended network show up as ABCnetwork_EXT.
Keeping the latest firmware in your Linksys Extenders are highly recommended, to get faster wifi speed and for better Network Protection. To update Linksys Extender’s firmware, follow the given steps:-
1) Firstly, open any browser (Google, Firefox, Safari, etc) on your cell phone or laptop and login into your Linksys extender setup page. (Click Here to setup)
2) Once you are on your Wifi range extender setup page, it will prompt you for a password. If you have changed the password put the custom password. note:- the Linksys default password is “admin” and click on login.
3)Under Administration tab click on Firmware Upgrade. For Instance, You can take reference from the image given below.
4) Lastly, we can update Linksys Extender’s firmware in two ways-
* click on the option which says CHECK FOR FIRMWARE, and click on UPDATE in case your firmware isn’t already the latest one.
* Moreover, we can update range extenders firmware manually by selecting the firmware file we earlier downloaded and uploading it with the upload option. Note:- You will have to download the firmware file from Linksys Range Extender’s support page.
IMP:- Click here to download firmware according to your model number and version. (DOWNLOAD NOW)
Today in this article we will learn a simple method for setting up Extender as Access Point and will answer the question “How to Setup the Linksys Extender as Access Point“. Firstly, for the people who are not familiar with what Access Point is, a quick intro-
Access Point is a way of setting up your Linksys Extender as an Access point or router which means we can Setup multiple Range Extenders on this one or can connect multiple devices to this unit.
So, the steps are-
1) Firstly, ensure that on the Range Extender, the slider button is not on the side marked as EXTENDER and towards the side marked as the ACCESS POINT. 2) For example, to set it up as an ACCESS POINT it is mandatory to be towards access points side.
3) Now hard wire your Linksys Range Extender directly to your router’s LAN port.
4) Here in this step, you will just have to login into your extenders default setup page.
5) Moreover, you can do that by directly typing the “default IP address” of your Linksys Extender into the Address bar of your browser from your PC, laptop or cell phone, etc.
6) Once you are in the smart setup wizard, It will ask for your permission, “How you want to Setup this extender” “as a range extender” or as an “Access point“.
7) Hit on Access Point option.
8) It will ask you to punch-in your Main Router’s password. Once you type that hit NEXT.
9) It takes hardly 60 seconds after that it will secure connection with your router and you will see solid green light on the Extender.
10) Lastly, Your Linksys Range Extender is Setup as anACCESS POINT.
There is no limit on the number of Linksys extenders that can be Setup on a single Network. We can Setup multiple Linksys Extender on a single Router or Network. In this article, we will learn multiple Linksys extender Setup. But before that, there are some precautions that you need to take care of while setting up extenders. The reason for precaution is IP confliction. For instance, if you Setup 5 Linksys Extenders on a single network with the same SSID it will cause IP confliction. Which in its extreme stage results in DNS issues. So to avoid that follow these manual steps.
Steps involved in Setup multiple Linksys Extenders are:-
1) Firstly, We will have to Configure the first Linksys Extender and will make sure that all the other Range Extenders are unplugged at that moment.
2) Once the first Linksys Extender is configured properly unplug it and plug in the second one, now complete the setup process for this one too and once it is configured to unplug this one also and repeat the process until every Linksys Range Extender is Setup.
Note:- The trick to configure all the extenders is that we have to name each Linksys Extender with different SSID to avoid IP conflictions. You will get the option to change the name of the extender during the installation process.
3) Lastly, when the Installation of the very last Linksys extender is also complete, then place them to the location of your need.
There are Multiple brands of Range Extenders available in the market nowadays. All of them are giving the best wifi boosting the experience. Now sometimes we want to change the SSID or Security Key on these extenders. For that we need to login into Extender’s setup page using http:extender.linksys.setup or extender.linksys.com.
Firstly, we can do that by downloading the Linksys app of Range extender through play store or app store and login directly through the Linksys app.
Once you install these apps under settings it will show you connected devices.
From there copy the IP address of your Range Extender and open it into your browser, type it directly in the address bar.
Your extender page will pop up now.
Lastly, Now go to settings and there you can change SSID or password for your Linksys Range Extender.
So, basically, since you have access to your Linksys Extender’s page you can change any settings according to your wish.
Firstly, Login into your router and check for the connected devices under the WiFi connection tab.
There you will find your Linksys extenders IP address coming up along with its model name or number.
Open that Linksys Extenders IP address in a new tab on your browser and type it in the address bar then you will be directed to your extender’s Setup home page.
lastly, Now go to settings and there you can change SSID or Security Key for your Linksys Range Extender.
No worries you can simply Setup your old Linksys extender with the new router without any trouble. It is equally important to understand the misconception, that after changing router we might have to replace the extender too. But that’s not the case. There can be many reasons where we find need to RESET extender. Changing a Router is one such example. Moreover, If your family or friend gives you, already used Linksys Extender then also make sure to reset it before using.
Firstly if someone guides you that you will have to changeLinksys Extender too then that’s not true. It is super easy to get the extender going again. Follow the steps below or contact our technician to guide you step by step on our Toll-free 888-683-4144 .
Since we all know that this Extender was already connected to the IP of another router. So, Now we just have to reset it and reconfigure it back again on your current router. Follow the steps below to make the device going again.
1) The first step requires you to reset the Linksys Extender.