There are Multiple brands of Range Extenders available in the market nowadays. All of them are giving the best wifi boosting the experience. Now sometimes we want to change the SSID or Security Key on these extenders. For that we need to login into Extender’s setup page using http:extender.linksys.setup or extender.linksys.com.
Firstly, we can do that by downloading the Linksys app of Range extender through play store or app store and login directly through the Linksys app.
Once you install these apps under settings it will show you connected devices.
From there copy the IP address of your Range Extender and open it into your browser, type it directly in the address bar.
Your extender page will pop up now.
Lastly, Now go to settings and there you can change SSID or password for your Linksys Range Extender.
So, basically, since you have access to your Linksys Extender’s page you can change any settings according to your wish.
Firstly, Login into your router and check for the connected devices under the WiFi connection tab.
There you will find your Linksys extenders IP address coming up along with its model name or number.
Open that Linksys Extenders IP address in a new tab on your browser and type it in the address bar then you will be directed to your extender’s Setup home page.
lastly, Now go to settings and there you can change SSID or Security Key for your Linksys Range Extender.
With the AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700), you can easily expand the range of your existing wireless router. Simply plug the device into a standard wall outlet where you need stronger Internet connectivity. For example, an upstairs bedroom or office or another remote area of your home. It is equally important to understand that RE6700 repeats the signal from the router and redistributes it to reduce wireless dead spots. In short, it doesn’t create its own signal. Let’s start the Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup.
Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup:-
1) Firstly, Plug the Linksys RE6700 Extender to an outlet CLOSE to the modem/router Once you set it up you can move it to the best range extending location.
2) Once it’s plugged in, you have to wait for the flashing light on the front to change color and flash orange.
3) Now that you have an orange blinking light, get on your computer’s WiFi and connect to, the Linksys Extender Setup signal. After your computer connects to the Linksys extender.
6) Now you’re in the Linksys extender setupapplication. Just follow the instructions provided. The Linksys extender will find the available networks to join. Similarly, select to join your network from the list of available networks put in your password and Hit NEXT. Moreover, Once the Extender joins your network the software will finally, tell you the installation is complete, as well as the front light of the unit, will turn to solid green.
7) Lastly, you can unplug the Linksys RE6700 extender and move it around your house. Just plug the extender into a wall outlet and the extender now will automatically log onto your network. Now you’re ready to log onto it. The Setup application works really well.
Finally, we got to know that it is a really useful piece of hardware and once you understand what you have to do, installing this extender is really quick and easy.
1) Firstly, make sure that your router is configured and you are able to connect your devices. 2) Now as you plug in the extender to the wall the light blinks green for few seconds and turns amber after that. 3) As soon as the light turns amber push WPS on the router and push the WPS on the extender.
Note:- make sure both devices are in the same room or as close as possible. 4) Lastly, On configuration, the light on Extender will turn solid green. Note:- if by any chance you still have issues or need suggestions to call our technicians on Toll-Free or visit our website http://Extender.linksys.setup or email us for a later appointment at