There are sometimes when the Linksys extender doesn’t work properly. So in that case, it is necessary to reset Linksys re6300 wifi extender. It hardly takes few seconds for reset the Linksys router to its default settings. Sometimes the connection interrupted while we are working with Linksys re6300. The few main reasons could be:
- You may have disremembered the router’s password and having trouble to access it.
You might have undetermined the router and require to reset it.
There are different ways to reset Linksys re6300:
With the help of Web Interface
- Open any updated browser in your system and type Extender.linksys.com or default IP address that is 192.168.1.1 to visit the official website of Linksys re6300 setup.
- On that page, you have to log in to its admin panel by using default username and password.
- After login, you will find the configuration settings are default settings.
- Then you will locate the sub-tab under the administration tab of the web interface and that sub-tab is called the factory default.
- You will find the Restore factory default button on the page of factory default. Click on that button page.
With the help of the reset button
- Turn on the Linksys Wifi Extender and press the reset button for few seconds until the power light starts blinking. Once the light starts blinking release the reset button.
- After the light starts blinking solid turn off the power supply switch to stop supply electricity to the router for just a few seconds.
- Then restart the device again and plug in the router to working power outlet. This step will restart the router.
- Last but not the least once the power light’s colour turns solid it indicates that the router is ready to use.
With the help of 30-30-30 reset
This method will definitely work when the above two methods don’t.
Instructions for using this are as follows:
- When the router is connecting with the working power outlet then only press the reset button for at least 30 seconds. If you are having difficulty in holding the reset button you can use some edged thing to hold on.
- When you are holding the button for 30 seconds cut off the power supply of the router and hold it for more 30 seconds.
- While pressing the button turn on the switch so that router can get power supply and keep on holding the button for further 30 seconds.
This process works to reset the router settings to default.
Settings after resetting the Linksys re6300:
Oncethereset process completed then the device starts working on its default settings and you will be authorised to access its configuration settings. But one thing to keep in mind that you have to change the default settings frequently for its security purpose.