With the AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700), you can easily expand the range of your existing wireless router. Simply plug the device into a standard wall outlet where you need stronger Internet connectivity. For example, an upstairs bedroom or office or another remote area of your home. It is equally important to understand that RE6700 repeats the signal from the router and redistributes it to reduce wireless dead spots. In short, it doesn’t create its own signal. Let’s start the Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup.
Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup:-
1) Firstly, Plug the Linksys RE6700 Extender to an outlet CLOSE to the modem/router Once you set it up you can move it to the best range extending location.
2) Once it’s plugged in, you have to wait for the flashing light on the front to change color and flash orange.
3) Now that you have an orange blinking light, get on your computer’s WiFi and connect to, the Linksys Extender Setup signal. After your computer connects to the Linksys extender.
6) Now you’re in the Linksys extender setupapplication. Just follow the instructions provided. The Linksys extender will find the available networks to join. Similarly, select to join your network from the list of available networks put in your password and Hit NEXT. Moreover, Once the Extender joins your network the software will finally, tell you the installation is complete, as well as the front light of the unit, will turn to solid green.
7) Lastly, you can unplug the Linksys RE6700 extender and move it around your house. Just plug the extender into a wall outlet and the extender now will automatically log onto your network. Now you’re ready to log onto it. The Setup application works really well.
Finally, we got to know that it is a really useful piece of hardware and once you understand what you have to do, installing this extender is really quick and easy.