FWith the AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700), you can easily expand the range of your existing wireless router. Simply plug the device into a standard wall outlet where you need stronger Internet connectivity–say, an upstairs bedroom or office or another remote area of your home. The RE6700 repeats the signal from the router and redistributes it to reduce wireless dead spots.
Like everyone else, I burned around 20 minutes trying to follow the installation instructions and gave up. Contrary to the installation instructions, I never could get the extender to work with the WPS button. After reading some of the comments I was able to get my extender installed in a couple of minutes. This is how I installed my AC1900 Range Extender to my Linksys 1900AC router:
1) Plug the extender to an outlet CLOSE to the modem/router (Once you set it up it remembers your network so you can unplug it and move it to the best range extending location later).
2) Once it’s plugged in, you have to wait for the flashing light on the front to change color and flash orange!
3) Now that you have an orange blinking light, get on your computer and go to your wireless network settings and look for, and connect to, the Linksys Extender Setup signal. After your computer connects to the Linksys extender..
4) Open a web browser.
5) type http://extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
6) Now you’re in the extender setup application. Just follow the instructions provided. The Linksys extender will find the available networks to join. Select to join your network from the list of available networks put in your password and you’re pretty much good to go. Once the LinksysAC1900+ Wi-Fi extender joins your network the software will tell you the installation is complete and the light on the front of the unit will turn to solid green.
7) Now you can unplug the extender and move it around your house till you find the optimum placement. Just plug the extender into a wall outlet and the extender now will automatically log onto your network. Now you’re ready to log onto it. Once up and running I really love the extender. The set up application worked really well for me too. Unfortunately the documentation reads like stereo instructions and if you try to follow them, you’ll only get disappointed.
This is a really useful piece of hardware and once you understand what you have to do, installing this extender is really quick and easy! Too bad the documentation isn’t as good as the hardware! Only three stars and I think that’s being generous.