Linksys N600 PRO (RE4100W) Setup
Area covered is up to 7,500 Square Feet
With the Linksys N600 PRO Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE4100W), The WiFi range can be easily increased up-to 7,000 square feet. You just need to plug-in the extender halfway between your router and the place where you need Internet.
Streaming Music with Extender
The Linksys RE4100W supports an audio jack on the back, with the help of which you can connect speakers and stream music through your smart phone or computer.
Two Bands for fast speed
The dual bands provided are to maintain high speed Internet Speed throughout. It can provide Internet Speed up-to 300Mbps.
You need to have Wireless (SSID) of your main router network and also the WiFi password before you start the Setup of Linksys RE4100W.
- Firstly, Plug-in the RE4100W extender to a power outlet.
NOTE:- You should Plug-in the Extender in Power outlet, never plug it in an extension board.
- Now go to the WiFi list on your desktop or laptop or cell phone and look for “linksys extender setup”.
- Once you see the Linksys Extender Setup, click that network and hit join.
- Now you need to open a browser like (google chrome, firefox, safari, etc).
- In the URL of your browser you need to type extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1 or extenderlinksyssetup.com.
- If prompted for username and password, leave the username field blank and type “admin” in the password and hit login.
- Now it will scan for all the available networks you will have to select you main WiFi network name there and type-in the password.
- You just need to follow the on screen instructions in order to connect your extender to router network.
- In case you want to update the firmware of your Extender click here.
- For Better performance place the extender away from large appliances.