Linksys router has a feature of Guest network password, which allows users to provide the internet to the home visitors by not providing them main Internet credential. This is the best way to secure your home network by not compromising the security. All you need to do is just to activate the guest account and limit the no of device connect with your main WiFi. Follow the steps mention below to activate the Guest account-
- Log in to the Linksys router account by using myrouter.local or 192.168.1.1.
- Log in using the Username & Password (Default is admin/password).
- On successful login go to the Network option.
- Under the Network click on Wireless option.
- In the Wireless option, you will see the guest Network Option. You need to checkmark the box and put a guest network password if you want or either you can make it open (Not recommended).
- Select the No of device you want to connect on your Guest account.
- Click on Save at the very bottom, it will reboot your router and take up to 2 minutes to make changes.
Still, need help you can log on to Extender.linksys.com.