Firstly, Plug itin a wall outlet and wait for around 60 seconds. 3) Now put the paper clip inside the factory Reset hole of the Linksys Extender for around 20 seconds while it is still plugged in the wall. 4) Take the pin out and wait for the light to turn amber. 5) Now, if you see your device, showing up in your network list by default name i.e. Linksys Extender Setup. 5) Now you can Setup your device using these methods ( Click here to Setup )
There are many ways of setting up a Linksys Extender. In case you don’t have WPS Button on the Router then you can simply turn ON the virtual WPS Button available on your online router page. We prefer the WPS Linksys Extender Setup because it is easy and Fast. You just need to push WPS on the Extender and a WPS on Router. Which in this case you will have to access it by logging into your Router. Moreover, we can also use this Setup option when we are not able to do Linksys Extender Setupwithout CD through SMART SETUP WIZARD i.e. extender.linksys.setup or extender.linksys.com.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:-
1) Login into your Router account using the Routers IP address, it is written on the back of your Linksys Router.
NOTE:- In case you can’t find the IP address, then Contact your Internet Service Provider.
2) To login into the Linksys Router or other Routers, it will ask you for username and password, default username will be admin and password will be the word password itself.
3) Once you successfully login into the Router, look for the tab which says wireless connection.
4) In a wireless connection option, you will find a WPS option having a symbol of upward and downward arrow keys.
5)Click on that option and you will notice WPS light on Router blinking.
6) Now you just have to push WPS on the extender, and within a few seconds, you will get high speed configured Linksys extender.
Before Linksys Extender Setup delete Your existing Network
First of all, we need to understand the need to Forgot the Network. It has been observed that whenever we configure a new device to our network or whenever we change our Main router we will have to forget the former network names. Here is the complete step by step instruction to delete a wireless network profile.
DELETING NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10
Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
Now Hit Network settings.
Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
DELETING NETWORK PROFILE IN WINDOWS 8
In this version of Windows, It is quite difficult to get used to its functions, whereas in previous windows or in windows 10 it is easy to Delete Network Profile. Windows 8 is a bit puzzled, but you don’t worry we have mentioned the step below for deleting Network Profile In Windows 8
Lets learn how to remove wireless preferred network profiles
IMP: This method will work when the wireless router is within the range of the PC.
Firstly, Open Settings and press the Windows key on the keyboard + i.
Click the Wireless icon then right click the network.
Lastly, Choose Forget this network.
DELETING NETWORK PROFILE IN WINDOWS 7
Let’s Follow the steps to remove the existing network profile in windows 7
Firstly, Click Start->Control Panel, Select Network, and Internet, and then click Network and Sharing Center
In the task list, please choose Manage wireless networks.
In the Network table, please select the existing profiles and click Remove.
There can be many reasons why extender not showing up. For instance,
a) It is plugged in far away from the router thats why extender not showing. b) Your device (mobile, laptop, tv, camera, etc) which you are trying to connect is far. c) Walls, obstacles blocking away the signal. d) Setup with the same SSID as your router Click Here to check Router Setup Page.
Follow the following steps when extender doesn’t show in your WiFi list.
Firstly, Unplugged the extender and bring it closer to the router.
If still, it is not showing up in the wifi list shut down your devices and turn them back again.
Try removing/forgetting the known wifi connections.
If you have to cover long distances you should opt for hardwire option, you won’t lose any data speed plus you will be able to cover more distance.
In this case, you will have to login into your Linksys Extender and then change the SSID from there. Note:- don’t change SSID on router otherwise your every device will get disconnected from the router.
With the AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700), you can easily expand the range of your existing wireless router. Simply plug the device into a standard wall outlet where you need stronger Internet connectivity. For example, an upstairs bedroom or office or another remote area of your home. It is equally important to understand that RE6700 repeats the signal from the router and redistributes it to reduce wireless dead spots. In short, it doesn’t create its own signal. Let’s start the Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup.
Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup:-
1) Firstly, Plug the Linksys RE6700 Extender to an outlet CLOSE to the modem/router Once you set it up you can move it to the best range extending location.
2) Once it’s plugged in, you have to wait for the flashing light on the front to change color and flash orange.
3) Now that you have an orange blinking light, get on your computer’s WiFi and connect to, the Linksys Extender Setup signal. After your computer connects to the Linksys extender.
6) Now you’re in the Linksys extender setupapplication. Just follow the instructions provided. The Linksys extender will find the available networks to join. Similarly, select to join your network from the list of available networks put in your password and Hit NEXT. Moreover, Once the Extender joins your network the software will finally, tell you the installation is complete, as well as the front light of the unit, will turn to solid green.
7) Lastly, you can unplug the Linksys RE6700 extender and move it around your house. Just plug the extender into a wall outlet and the extender now will automatically log onto your network. Now you’re ready to log onto it. The Setup application works really well.
Finally, we got to know that it is a really useful piece of hardware and once you understand what you have to do, installing this extender is really quick and easy.
1) Firstly, make sure that your router is configured and you are able to connect your devices. 2) Now as you plug in the extender to the wall the light blinks green for few seconds and turns amber after that. 3) As soon as the light turns amber push WPS on the router and push the WPS on the extender.
Note:- make sure both devices are in the same room or as close as possible. 4) Lastly, On configuration, the light on Extender will turn solid green. Note:- if by any chance you still have issues or need suggestions to call our technicians on Toll-Free or visit our website http://Extender.linksys.setup or email us for a later appointment at